Why Salmon Oil
"Keeping your pets health in mind" - The Pet Winery
As fun as our wine may be to give to your pets, we want to ensure that there is an added benefit to our tasty treat!
Fish oil is probably the most important supplement you can add to your pet's diet, regardless of what type of diet you feed. EPA and DHA, the omega-3 fatty acids in fish oil, provide widespread benefits.
Proven benefits from EPA and DHA include:
- Improves the coat and skin, making it soft and shiny.
- Reducing inflammation that can lead to conditions such as arthritis.
- Helps to prevent skin allergies.
- Helps with Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
- Regulates the immune system.
- Calming overactive immune systems for dogs with allergies or autoimmune diseases.
- Aiding in mental development of fetuses and puppies.
- Improves cognitive function in older dogs.
- Lowers blood pressure and triglycerides.
- Provides support for dogs with kidney disease.
- Fights heart disease.
- Is preventative against cancer.
- Helps promote weight loss in overweight dogs.
- Helps in producing more collagen.
- Useful in the treatment of kidney problems (frequent urination, loss of appetite)
- Appearance of joint problems is lessened.
- Can help to slow cancer cell growth.
- Helps cachexic (the muscle wasting associated with some cancers).
Salmon Oil for Puppies and Kittens
Research has shown that the fatty acid docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) in salmon oils helps to promote better brain development in fetuses and in puppies.
Just like with any product we always recommend talking to your veterinary before introducing new treats in to your pets diet!